Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sympathy Card

It seems I have done quite a few sympathy cards lately.  And there are a few I did not photograph so I cannot share them here.  If I can find the original card where I found this design I will add the link later.  I know how to link now, only took me a few years to figure that one out! 

Okay, here is where the original card is found - Lorraine's Stampin' Corner.  All I changed was the ribbon and butterflies. 

Stamp Set - Thoughts and Prayers
Cardstock - Early Expresso, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink - Early Expresso
Accessories - Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon (retired),Eyelet Border Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

I must admit you will find a lot of retired items used in my samples.  I have not created much in the last couple of years and have hoarded lots of ribbon and cardstock.  I have decided to use and and use it well!  So if you have retired ribbon, cardstock and stamps - use them. They still work great and will provide someone with a  lovely handmade creation they will truly enjoy.

Hint - when using dark colors for your basic card remember to put a layer of light cardstock inside to stamp your sentiment.  I put two inside, one on the top and the bottom as we had numberous people who needed to sign this card. Adding a bit of decoration inside is a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment